Mulled Pomegranate Sipper Recipe
This warm comforting cider fills the entire house with a wonderful aroma. —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) cranberry-apple juice
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cinnamon sticks, cloves and orange peel on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather up corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 1-2 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 131 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC