Mulled Merlot Recipe
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) merlot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 1. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, sugar, orange juice, brandy and orange slices. Add spice bag. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until heated through. Discard spice bag and orange slices. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 143 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Mulled Merlot
"Was looking for a warm drink for ringing in the new year at below freezing temperatures. This treat was a hit at our party and kept everyone toasty! The first sip is a powerful one, though, even using the fruitier ruby port!"