Mulled Merlot Recipe
This mulled wine recipe is sure to warm up your holiday guests! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) merlot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 1. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, sugar, orange juice, brandy and orange slices. Add spice bag. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until heated through. Discard spice bag and orange slices. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 143 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Mulled Merlot
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC