- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) merlot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, sugar, orange juice, brandy and orange slices. Add spice bag. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until heated through. Discard spice bag and orange slices. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mulled Merlot in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p101
Reviews for Mulled Merlot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2012
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2011
"Was looking for a warm drink for ringing in the new year at below freezing temperatures. This treat was a hit at our party and kept everyone toasty! The first sip is a powerful one, though, even using the fruitier ruby port!"