Mulled Holiday Drink Recipe
The beverage's burgundy color and tart taste are terrific for winter. —Richell Welch, Buffalo, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) cranberry juice
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) white grape juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- Citrus-Cinnamon Stir Sticks, optional
- 1. Pour juices into a Dutch oven. Place cloves and cinnamon on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to juice mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Serve warm with stir sticks if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC