Mulled Holiday Drink
The beverage's burgundy color and tart taste are terrific for winter.
—Richell Welch, Buffalo, Texas
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) cranberry juice
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) white grape juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- Citrus-Cinnamon Stir Sticks, optional
- Pour juices into a Dutch oven. Place cloves and cinnamon on a double
- thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with
- kitchen string to form a bag. Add to juice mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are
- blended. Discard spice bag. Serve warm with stir sticks if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.