- 8 cups Dr Pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until heated through. Discard cloves and cinnamon sticks. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Mulled Dr Pepper
"Too awful to waste time writing about!"
"My family was hesitant to try it and noone took a second sip. Not good."
"It is absolutely wonderful. I have served it several times this holiday season (2011) and everyone has commented on it's good flavor. I have also tried it cold over ice and it is delicious."
"I have used hot Dr. Pepper for over 35 yrs. Every since it was demo'd at a grocery sre. I drink it when I have a cold and cough. Its something that the carbonation does to make my throat feel good and not so raw. I am not a cold Dr. Pepper fan."
"I remember this recipe from the 60's when Dr. Pepper would advertise this. Be forewarned, the Dr. Pepper turns flat when heated. Also unless you sip it piping hot, it's rather disgusting."
"My husband has done this for years when he has a cold. It is very soothing to the throat and helps open up the sinuses."
"i loved this"