Mulled Cran-Apple Juice
"Here's a beverage that's a fun change from regular hot cider," writes Carol Mead of Los Alamos, New Mexico.
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 whole cloves
- 12 whole allspice
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) frozen cranberry juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Place cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring
- up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Place
- the remaining ingredients in a large saucepan; add spice bag. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Discard
- spice bag. Yield: 13 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 129 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.