Mulled Cider Recipe
This is a classic warmer-upper that you can serve on chilly winter days. Pass the brandy separately for those who want it.
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 quarts apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups brandy, optional
- 1. Place the cinnamon stick, cloves, allspice and bay leaf on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, juices, orange peel, brown sugar, salt and spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer mixture for 30 minutes to blend flavors. Discard spice bag. Strain cider mixture and stir in brandy if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 13 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup: 122 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Mulled Cider
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC