Muffuletta Subs Recipe
“I love the taste and no-stress preparation of these hearty sandwiches,” writes Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. “They're a snap to fix and can be kept warm in an insulated carrier for handy transporting.“
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 submarine buns, split
- 1 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 12 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a food processor, finely chop olives and artichokes. Add the mayonnaise, capers and garlic salt; cover and process until blended. Spread over the cut sides of buns. Layer the ham, salami and cheese on bun bottoms; replace tops.
- 2. Wrap each sandwich in foil; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 982 calories, 55 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 3,775 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Reviews for Muffuletta Subs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC