A friend gave me this recipe when she learned that I love muffuletta sandwiches. Very rich and filling, this easy skillet supper goes together quickly on a busy weeknight. Serve with some cheesy garlic bread. —Jan Hollingsworth, Houston, Mississippi
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package (16 ounces) cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (12.36 ounces) tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute onions in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the ham, tapenade and pepperoni;
- saute 2 minutes longer. Cube remaining butter; stir butter and cream
- into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 739 calories, 48 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,638 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.