Muffuletta Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package (16 ounces) cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (12.36 ounces) tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the ham, tapenade and pepperoni; saute 2 minutes longer. Cube remaining butter; stir butter and cream into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Muffuletta Pasta(4)
Sort By :
YUM! I could not find the tapenade and then I found an equivalent and it was $7 so I made my own (green olives, garlic, parsley and olive oil). It was super yummy!
Really good pasta. My husband loved it. Tasted like a muffuletta, definitely will be making it again. This recipe cuts in half well.
OK - I will try this recipe again and I will follow the suggestion of the other reviewer and make my own mixture of olives and possibly red peppers. I used purchased tapenade and it was really really bad but all of the other flavors were very nice. I gave this recipe a 3 out of 5 just because I'm sure there is someone out there who would enjoy it with pre made tapenade. Like I said, I will try this one more time but this batch went down the garbage disposal.
I absolutely LOVED this recipe, although I did have to make a few changes based on what I had on hand. I used salami rather than pepperoni and yellow onion instead of green onions. Also, since I don't like tapenade anyway, I used a mixture of green and ripe black olives, and roasted peppers. It turned out great and I can't wait to start on the leftovers! Delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >