- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups green olives with pimientos, halved
- 1 cup coarsely chopped giardiniera
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pickled beets
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least eight hours, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Reviews for Muffuletta Olive Salad
Sort By :
I served this again as a salad. I added cooked pasta, mozzarella cubes, salami, green peppers. Excellent!
I didn't have the beets or the capers but used everything else in the recipe.
EXCELLENT!! I think this would be good with pasta and maybe cooked meat.
This very close to the New Orleans muffuletta olive salad, howerver; I recommend deleting the beets and using more olives; both black and green, but not all Greek olives (though I love them too), they are not traditional. This makes a really good sandwich and with a few alterations I will make it again and again. Also love it with ham, chicken and 'burgers.