- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (40-45 crackers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup chopped salami
- OLIVE SALAD:
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 4 pickled onions
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pepperoncini, stem removed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove
- Assorted crackers or baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sour cream and Italian seasoning. Add egg and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in provolone cheese and salami. Pour into crust. Bake 35-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Meanwhile, place olive salad ingredients in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with olive salad. Serve with crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Muffuletta Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Muffuletta Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review