This is a simple weeknight recipe my grandma passed along to me. I grew up on a farm where my father was a beef producer, so we always had ground beef in the freezer. I made these meatballs for our family and for kids while I was babysitting, and they were always a hit. Leftovers reheat well the next day. —Provided by Karen Davis, Culinary Specialist, on behalf of Physicians Mutual Insurance
Featured In: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper, optional
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- Additional ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat metal muffin pan with nonstick spray. In medium mixing bowl, combine beef, onion, green pepper if desired, cereal, salt, pepper and egg. Set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard until smooth. Pour half of ketchup mixture into meat and mix until thoroughly combined. Form meat mixture into six balls and place in muffin cups. Spoon remaining ketchup mix over meatballs. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from pan with spoon and serve. Yield: 6 meatballs.
Originally published as Muffin Pan Meatballs in Taste of Home Cooking School Spring 2015, p28
Reviews for Muffin Pan Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review