Muffin-Pan Meat Loaves Recipe
I used to have a catering business, and my specialty was comfort food. I once needed a gluten-free meatloaf and my clients went nuts over this. I often use an 8x8 pan or a loaf pan, but a muffin tin really cuts the cooking time. —Vangie Panagotopulos, Moorestown, New Jersey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add beef and turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Place 1/3 cup mixture into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups, pressing lightly.
In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; spoon over meat loaves. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Freeze option: Bake meat loaves without topping. Cool meat loaves and freeze, covered, on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer meat loaves to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place meat loaves on a greased shallow baking pan. Prepare topping as directed; spread over tops. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2 mini meat loaves equals 304 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC