Muffin-Cup Cheddar Beef Pies Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. Let dough stand at room temperature 30 minutes or until softened. Preheat oven to 350°. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in mushrooms, cheese and seasonings.
- 2. Divide each loaf into 10 portions; roll each into a 4-in. circle. Top with 1/4 cup filling; bring edges of dough up over filling and pinch to seal.
Place meat pies in greased muffin cups, seam side down. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled beef pies in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat beef pies on greased baking sheets in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Yield: 20 meat pies.
2 meat pies (calculated without spaghetti sauce): 482 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Muffin-Cup Cheddar Beef Pies
"Roll out dough as if for Bierocks smear a bit iof spaghetti sauce on dough before adding meat and bake on sheet pan. Freeze for quick snacks. I've even added to hamburger after frying."
"this was such a good recipe. i made them and froze the extra ones for another meal."
"We did a taco version - cheese, taco seasoning, and salsa instead of the mushrooms, italian seasoning and spaghetti sauce. It was AMAZING! This recipe will definitely make the weekly rotation! Thank you!"
"These are great. I didn't have any frozen bread dough so I rolled out individual Grands biscuits and wrapped them around the filling. Yummy. I made mini bacon cheeseburger the second time. A big hit. Thanks."
"There are only 3 of us at home so cut the receipe in half. Very good. My husband said that they reminded him of a mini wrapped burger. I put the frozen bread dough in the fridge overnight and it was very easy to work with and there was no need to wait the 30 minutes as suggested. I will make this again."