Muffin-Cup Cheddar Beef Pies
My kids love these beef rolls so much that I always make extra since they heat up so quickly. I give them their choice of dipping sauces—spaghetti sauce or ranch dressing are the top picks. —Kimberly Farmer, Wichita, Kansas
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 20 min.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Let dough stand at room temperature 30 minutes or until softened.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over
- medium heat 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into
- crumbles; drain. Stir in mushrooms, cheese and seasonings.
- Divide each loaf into 10 portions; roll each into a 4-in. circle. Top
- with 1/4 cup filling; bring edges of dough up over filling and pinch
- to seal.
- Place meat pies in greased muffin cups, seam side down. Bake 20-25
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 20
- meat pies.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled beef pies in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat beef pies on greased baking sheets in a