Change up cheesecakes with different liqueur flavorings. This “mudslide” version with coffee and Irish cream is my husband's favorite. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 3/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) around a greased 9-in. springform pan. Mix cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- To prepare filling, microwave chocolate chips on high until melted, about 1 minute. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low just until blended. Measure out 2 cups batter, and stir in coffee liqueur; add melted chocolate chips and stir until blended. Pour over crust. Add Irish cream liqueur to remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 60-75 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For ganache, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream on high until chips melt; cool slightly. Remove rim from pan; spread ganache on chilled cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Mudslide Cheesecake in Taste of Home November 2016
Reviews for Mudslide Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2017
"Everyone loved this recipe. Be forewarned, however, as I found the liqueur taste to be very, very strong. Thanks for the recipe!"