Mud Slide Dip Recipe
Although it might be a stretch of the imagination, we gave weather-related names to the dip served with veggies for the theme party. The sandy color of the bean dip inspired its new "natural" identity. -Ndara Pike, Tempe, Arizona
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Place water, egg and beans in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add to onion. Stir in chili powder, salt and garlic salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 2. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. When cool, stir in mayonnaise. Chill. Serve with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Store dip in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Mud Slide Dip
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"The dip is good, but I think it might need a little garlic."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC