- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Place water, egg and beans in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add to onion. Stir in chili powder, salt and garlic salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. When cool, stir in mayonnaise. Chill. Serve with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Store dip in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Mud Slide Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p37
Reviews for Mud Slide Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
The dip is good, but I think it might need a little garlic.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >