- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat chocolate ice cream and coffee ice cream. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- For chocolate sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar, salt and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Drizzle three stripes of chocolate sauce into a pastry bag; carefully add whipped cream. Pipe onto each slice of pie. Serve with remaining chocolate sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mud Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mud Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review