Mud Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. Coat a 6-in. springform pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the butter, milk and cocoa; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; beat in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- 4. Place springform pan on a wire rack. Immediately spread marshmallow creme over hot cake. Drop 2 tablespoons of frosting over creme; cut through with a knife to swirl. Cool completely.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 416 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mud Cake
"I made this for my son's birthday. The cake is very moist. The recipe should be tripled for most pans people typically have in their kitchens. We found it a bit too sweet for our palates so we kept the serving sizes small."
"Yum! The kids had a snow day & we made this! Awesome! I trippled the recipe & used a 9 x 13. I made without pecans - I think it would be great with coconut!"
"Sounds great..has anyone advice on doubling to a 11 or 12 " springform pan?"
"i lovvvvveeeee it"