- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually beat into carrot mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Mrs. Thompson's Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"I found this recipe in our church cookbook. It is the best Carrot Cake EVER! Everyone who has tried mine says the same. I have made this cake for two weddings in the last two years and my son-in-law requests it as a Christmas present every year....and I make it as cupcakes for him. My frosting is a little different, but so very good. If you make this recipe you will never try any other...it is THAT good! (By the way, my mother is "Mrs. Thompson", but not the Carrot cake one. The recipe name just got my attention quickly.)"
"This cake was incredible. Very moist and the pineapple and carrot was a good combination. The frosting was too sweet for my taste. I'll be cutting the powder sugar down considerably next time."
"I added a sqeeze of lemon to the icing to make it zing. Otherwise amazing. Would feed an army. Great for potluck."
"Absolutely the very best Carrot Cake recipe!!!! Each time I make it, I always receive compliments and a request for the recipe. My guests love the taste and the moistness of the cake plus they like the frosting since it not overly sweet and compliments the cake!!!"
"This is absolutely the best carrot cake I have ever had! So moist and delicious! Fantastic!"