- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 small garlic clove, minced, optional
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup white vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Drain corn, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. In a smalll saucepan, combine onion, celery, green pepper, pimientos and, if desired, garlic. Stir in sugar, salt, celery seed, mustard seed, pepper flakes, ginger and 3/4 cup vinegar. Bring to a boil. Boil 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, mustard and tumeric. Stir in reserved corn liquid until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture; stir in remaining vinegar. Cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add corn; boil 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Mrs. Ina's Corn Relish in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p95
Reviews for Mrs. Ina's Corn Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review