Mr. Taco Bean Dip Recipe
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread orwhole wheat bread
- Curly endive or leaf lettuce
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 cherry or grape tomato
- 1 hard-cooked egg, halved
- 2 pitted ripe olives
- Celery leaves
- Tortilla chips and assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a food processor, process beans until smooth. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until blended. Beat in beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- 2. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside. Place bread bowl on an endive-lined plate.
- 3. Cut red pepper into two rings for ears and a thick slice for mouth; attach to bread bowl, using toothpicks. Attach tomato for nose. For eyes, attach egg and olives and celery leaves for eyelashes.
- 4. Fill bread bowl with bean dip. Serve with bread cubes, tortilla chips and vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC