Mozzarella Tuna Melts Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spread on bottom of buns; set bun tops aside. Top tuna mixture with a slice of cheese and tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each with a lettuce leaf; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Tuna Melts(3)
Sort By :
I don't typically like tuna salad sandwiches, but this one is nice and fresh and pleasing. I leave the tomato off of part of them in the cooking as my husband doesn't like "cooked" tomatoes, but i do. I've made this one several times now. Another nice and quick, yet pleasing dish.
So easy and delicious! The whole family loves this recipe.
Nice easy dinner. I left out the tomato, but it's a great simple summer meal.