Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 6 pitted ripe olives, quartered
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- 2. Spoon 1 teaspoonful into each tart shell. Top each with an olive piece; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 lean meat
Reviews for Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets
"Easy to make. Tastes great."
"Very easy to make, went over well. Makes exactly 24."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.