- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, tomatoes and onion. In another small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Let stand at least 15 minutes. Stir just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Tomato Salad
"Good recipe. Suggestion: follow the recipe as given. I added the dressing, stirred it, and then let it stand for a couple of hours. I think the juices from the tomatoes diluted the dressing and it was not not as flavorful as I had hoped. I will serve this again, but I will not add the dressing until shortly before serving."
"Loved this! So simple and delicious!"
"Simple and delicious, this went over well with visiting family. The fresh basil really makes this salad special. Yum, yum!"
"this one one of three salads I made for a picnic, it was loved by all! I was a little concerned about quadrupling it to have enough, but turned out great!"
"Very fast. Very yummy."