- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups cubed bread
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork and beef over mixture; mix well. Cut mozzarella into eighteen 1/2-in. cubes. Divide meat mixture into 18 portions; shape each around a cheese cube.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil in batches until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 160°; drain. In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce; add meatballs and heat through. Serve over pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs
Sort By :
I made these meatballs, following the recipe to a 'T.' For me, they were just OK. If one were to eliminate the salad dressing, I really don't think these meatballs would have any taste at all. I probably won't make again. I actually like better the ones sold at the meat counter in one of the supermarkets in town :(
My husband loved them!
I was worried my husband wouldn't like these because he doesn't eat a lot of cheese, but to my surprise he couldn't get enough! (Make sure to enclose the meat around the cheese very well or it will leak out.)
Love this recipe. If you use cheese sticks it is a little easier!
My family absolutely loved these meatballs. I made a few changes. I used ground turkey(which gave me really plump meatballs) and I added chopped sun-dried tomatoes to my meatball mixture. I also used a Aged Romano Italian dressing....it was delicious!!! Will definitely do this again
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >