- onions, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, oregano,
- garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Crumble the beef, pork
- and veal over mixture; mix well.
- Divide into 16 portions. Shape each portion around a mozzarella ball.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with spaghetti or marinara sauce.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 meatballs (calculated without spaghetti and marinara sauce) equals 281 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.