- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 16 fresh mozzarella cheese balls, drained and patted dry
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and Worcestershire sauce. Add the onions, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Crumble the beef, pork and veal over mixture; mix well.
- Divide into 16 portions. Shape each portion around a mozzarella ball.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with spaghetti or marinara sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p52
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mozzarella-Stuffed Italian Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review