Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sticks string cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce, heated
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Coat cheese sticks with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture. Repeat egg and bread crumb coatings. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Serve with marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Sticks(15)
Sort By :
Had high hopes for this. I followed the recipe exactly as directed. I breaded each stick separate and made sure they were coated so no cheese would ooze out while baking. All but one didn't ooze and the breading was very soggy. My cheese loving kids didn't like them. I think it has more potential if deep fried!
I was wondering, could you fry these?
Not as good as I had hoped-it's not worth making by hand. I'll probably just buy them in future
Wonderful flavor! I used mozzarella brick cheese ... and baked in toaster oven. Will use string cheese and conv. oven next time.
Brick cheese melted too much and was a bit heavy. Sometimes experiments don't work! But it's a great recipe if you follow directions!! :)
I sub low fat string cheese to lower calories. The reason for chilling is so the cheese doesn't melt to a flat mess in the oven. I have put them in the freezer for about 45min to an hour. Turns out fine!
More Recipe Collections
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >