Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sticks string cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce, heated
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Coat cheese sticks with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture. Repeat egg and bread crumb coatings. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Serve with marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Sticks
Sort By :
I had no problem with my string cheese oozing. When I first took them out of the oven, the breading was slightly soggy, like one reviewer mentioned. Since my guests were late in arriving, I turned the oven back to 180 to hold, and when I took them out a half hour later they had gotten a nice firm crust like I had fried them. My guests were surprised when I told them I made them. I would give them 5 stars after they crisped up.
Had high hopes for this. I followed the recipe exactly as directed. I breaded each stick separate and made sure they were coated so no cheese would ooze out while baking. All but one didn't ooze and the breading was very soggy. My cheese loving kids didn't like them. I think it has more potential if deep fried!
I was wondering, could you fry these?
Not as good as I had hoped-it's not worth making by hand. I'll probably just buy them in future
Wonderful flavor! I used mozzarella brick cheese ... and baked in toaster oven. Will use string cheese and conv. oven next time.
Brick cheese melted too much and was a bit heavy. Sometimes experiments don't work! But it's a great recipe if you follow directions!! :)
More Recipe Collections
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >