Mozzarella Rye Snacks
This creamy topping has a subtle tang that pairs perfectly with crisp rye bread. “We enjoy this simple recipe at our summer deck parties,” says Missie Klei from Cincinnati, Ohio. “It’s ideal for unexpected guests or a quick snack.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and salad
- dressing mix until blended. Spread 1 tablespoonful over each slice
- of bread.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or
- until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 3 each equals 314 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.