This creamy topping has a subtle tang that pairs perfectly with crisp rye bread. “We enjoy this simple recipe at our summer deck parties,” says Missie Klei from Cincinnati, Ohio. “It’s ideal for unexpected guests or a quick snack.”
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) snack rye bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and salad dressing mix until blended. Spread 1 tablespoonful over each slice of bread.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mozzarella Rye Snacks in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p31
Reviews for Mozzarella Rye Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review