Mozzarella Puffs Recipe
"These savory cheesy biscuits go over great at my house," reports Joan Mousley Dziuba of Waupaca, Wisconsin. "Since they're so quick to make, I can whip up a batch anytime."
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 block (2 to 3 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1. Make an indentation in the center of each biscuit; sprinkle with oregano. Cut the mozzarella into 10 cubes, 3/4 in. each; place a cube in the center of each biscuit. Pinch dough tightly around cheese to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Spread pizza sauce over tops. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 69 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC