Mozzarella Puffs Recipe
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 block (2 to 3 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1. Make an indentation in the center of each biscuit; sprinkle with oregano. Cut the mozzarella into 10 cubes, 3/4 in. each; place a cube in the center of each biscuit. Pinch dough tightly around cheese to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Spread pizza sauce over tops. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 69 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mozzarella Puffs
"Kids will love this, in fact let them make them- it is a perfect recipe to teach with- lots of fun to eat, and very tasty too. Melty cheese in the middle, and puffy bread- yummy. I served these to my family for years"
"I've been making these for years and this recipe is always a hit. I love how easy it easy."
"These were really quick to make and were great as a side with pasta. I didn't have mozzarella (my kids ate it prior to my making these lol) but they were still good made with Jack and Swiss."
"These were excellent. A huge hit over Christmas at my Mother's house. She then asked for the recipe to make for New Year's. I would add a bit more seasoning to the biscuit, but that's all."