Mozzarella Meat Whirl Recipe
I've loved to cook for as long as I can remember. This recipe, which dates back to 1960, is an example of the special touches that I like to add to my dishes.—John Dailey, Rocky Mount, North Carolina
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound ground veal
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beef, pork and veal; mix well. Add bread crumbs, egg, mustard, salt and pepper; blend well. On waxed paper, pat meat mixture into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cover with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Starting at the narrow end, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Press ends firmly to seal. Place seam sides down in a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. For sauce, combine ketchup, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 353 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1122mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Mozzarella Meat Whirl
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC