Mozzarella Meat Loaf Wellington Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese and parsley to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour; drain. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Drape dough over meat loaf to cover the top, sides and ends; seal ends. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 1 minute longer. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Serve with remaining spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 385 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Mozzarella Meat Loaf Wellington
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.