Mozzarella Mashed Potato Remix
Here’s a yummy way to finish off the extra mashed potatoes. The gooey cheese, creamy potatoes and golden crust blend perfectly for a match made in taste bud heaven.—Rosemarie Weleski, Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1-1/4 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs; set
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, celery and pepper in oil until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir
- in mashed potatoes and cheese cubes. Transfer to prepared baking
- dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 319 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.