Mozzarella Mashed Potato Remix Recipe
Here’s a yummy way to finish off the extra mashed potatoes. The gooey cheese, creamy potatoes and golden crust blend perfectly for a match made in taste bud heaven.Rosemarie Weleski, Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1-1/4 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, celery and pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in mashed potatoes and cheese cubes. Transfer to prepared baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mozzarella Mashed Potato Remix in Country Woman October/November 2012, p40
Reviews for Mozzarella Mashed Potato Remix(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >