- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1-1/4 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, celery and pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in mashed potatoes and cheese cubes. Transfer to prepared baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Mashed Potato Remix
Sort By :
"I loved the idea of using leftover potatoes to make a new dish, and loved the idea of not using a lot of salt. I did how ever adjust the receipt , I took the 2 medium onions down to 1/2 a cup and only used 1-1/2 Tablespoons of Canola oil,( I used one of those green lined pans which gave me the opportunity to use less oil to sauté the vegetables. I also did add 1/4 tsp. of black pepper while sautéing. The rest I kept the same, the integration of the vegetables was great, the flavor of all took out the need for salt, but if you desired I am guessing you could add just a bit of sea salt for added flavor. In doing so I could also see where we could reduce the amount of mozzarella cheese down to 1 cup, as it was a bit to stringy for me. The over all quality of the dish is worth trying and finding what makes it work for you and your family. I also am playing around with making new ideas based off this recipe. Great Job in sending this in and Thank you to who sent this to me to try and review"