"The original recipe for this savory bread called for salami, but I use ham instead," writes Janice Brightwell of Jeffersonville, Indiana. "People are always amazed that it only takes about 15 minutes to assemble. I usually serve it with tomato soup."
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough. Pat dough into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with a single layer of ham.
- Roll up tightly from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush top of loaf with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mozzarella Ham Stromboli in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p8
Reviews for Mozzarella Ham Stromboli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review