Mozzarella Ham Stromboli Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough. Pat dough into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with a single layer of ham.
- 2. Roll up tightly from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush top of loaf with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 273 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Mozzarella Ham Stromboli
"This is great when served with tomato soup! It is a bit dry without the soup since it has no sauce in it."
"Simple and really good. I used a tube of pizza dough instead of the french loaf so I didn't even have to bother rolling anything out. Yum!"
"This is a great aternative to pizza night. I have made it with different meats and cheeses and it works well with all. I serve with marinara for dipping."
"This a very regular dinner at my house. It's very good, super easy and the topping makes it extra special."
"Really quick and easy and so delicious. Used with my favorite bread machine pizza dough recipe. Will definately experiment with different meat and cheese combinations next time!"
"I used ham and pastrami...very good and will make it again!"
"This has become a family favorite with my own fave using pepperoni instead of ham."
"This has become a family favorite with my own being pepperoni instead of ham."
"This has become a daily favorite with my own being pepperoni instead of ham."
"Tips: Make on parchment paper for easy rolling with no sticking. I bake it at 350* for 30-35 mins. It takes a little longer, but dough is completely cooked. Just don't over brown."
"This is a family favorite. It is so versatile. Fill it with any combination of meat(s) and cheese(s). Use parchment paper for easy clean up. Canned pizza dough works in a pinch. Soup, salad, steamed bagged veggies or your hearts desire make this a busy Mom's favorite dinner. The possibilities are endless!"
"I have made this recipe many times. I like to add pepperoni to it. I have also added mushrooms and green peppers to it as well. Quick to put together and very tasty."
"We used swiss chesse and it was delicious. The only "problem" we had was working with the dough. It was hard to pat the dough as directed. We needed to use a rolling pin and even then it was quick to bounce back and then holes occurred. The thin area made it hard to roll, too. I might use a pizza dough or actual bread dough next time. Just because they are easier to work with. Otherwise, delicious."
"Very tasty. The only problem I had was the middle part of the bread was a little bit doughy - even though we cooked it for about 25 minutes. If I can figure out where I went wrong, I'll definitely make it again."
"i have used a lot of combinations of meat and cheeses and it always comes out great. this never gets boring!!!! it is a hit.serve with a cup of soup and you have a great lunch or dinner."