Mozzarella Ham Stromboli
"The original recipe for this savory bread called for salami, but I use ham instead," writes Janice Brightwell of Jeffersonville, Indiana. "People are always amazed that it only takes about 15 minutes to assemble. I usually serve it with tomato soup."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough
- at seam. Pat dough into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella
- cheese over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with a single
- layer of ham.
- Roll up tightly from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam
- side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush top of loaf with
- butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 5
- minutes. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 273 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.