Mozzarella Ham Stromboli Recipe
"The original recipe for this savory bread called for salami, but I use ham instead," writes Janice Brightwell of Jeffersonville, Indiana. "People are always amazed that it only takes about 15 minutes to assemble. I usually serve it with tomato soup."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough at seam. Pat dough into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with a single layer of ham.
- 2. Roll up tightly from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush top of loaf with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 273 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC