Mozzarella Chicken with Veggies Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan; top with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetables equals 340 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.