- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan; top with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mozzarella Chicken with Veggies in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p47
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mozzarella Chicken with Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review