Mozzarella Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1-1/2 cups stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, warmed
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper; top with cheese. Place in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine stuffing mix and broth; let stand for 3 minutes. Spoon around chicken.
- 2. Combine the soup, wine or additional broth and garlic; spread over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 472 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,691 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.