Mozzarella Chicken Breasts
Whip up this special dish with boneless chicken breasts, canned soup and stuffing. “This entree tastes like you fussed, but it’s really so simple,” writes LaDonna Reed from Ponca City, Oklahoma. “It’s also easy to upsize for company.”
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1-1/2 cups stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, warmed
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper; top with cheese. Place in a 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine
- stuffing mix and broth; let stand for 3 minutes. Spoon around
- Combine the soup, wine or additional broth and garlic; spread over
- chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 472 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,691 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a