Whip up this special dish with boneless chicken breasts, canned soup and stuffing. “This entree tastes like you fussed, but it’s really so simple,” writes LaDonna Reed from Ponca City, Oklahoma. “It’s also easy to upsize for company.”
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1-1/2 cups stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, warmed
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper; top with cheese. Place in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine stuffing mix and broth; let stand for 3 minutes. Spoon around chicken.
- Combine the soup, wine or additional broth and garlic; spread over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mozzarella Chicken Breasts in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p60
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mozzarella Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review