Mozzarella Beef Sandwiches
"This is a great supper when we're short on time," says Erica Svejda of her fantastic four-ingredient sandwich. The Janesville, Wisconsin cook simply jazzes up deli roast beef with cheese and jarred spaghetti sauce.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound, 20 inches) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; cut widthwise into five portions. On
- each bread bottom, layer beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2
- minutes or until cheese is melted; replace tops. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 542 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 2,538 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 48 g protein.