Mozzarella Beef Sandwiches Recipe
"This is a great supper when we're short on time," says Erica Svejda of her fantastic four-ingredient sandwich. The Janesville, Wisconsin cook simply jazzes up deli roast beef with cheese and jarred spaghetti sauce.
- 1 loaf (1 pound, 20 inches) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise; cut widthwise into five portions. On each bread bottom, layer beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted; replace tops. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 542 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 2,538 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 48 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC