Mozzarella Beef Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 6 pieces (1 ounce each) string cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and oregano.
- 2. Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture off-center on a tortilla; top with a piece of string cheese. Fold one side of tortilla over filling and roll up from the opposite side. Repeat.
- 3. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 477 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 961 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.