Mozzarella Beef Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 6 pieces Galbani® String Cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and oregano.
- 2. Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture off-center on a tortilla; top with a piece of string cheese. Fold one side of tortilla over filling and roll up from the opposite side. Repeat.
Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Cool filling before making wraps. Individually wrap in foil and freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator. Reheat foil-wrapped wraps on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, to reheat one wrap, remove foil and rewrap in paper towel; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 477 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 961 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.