- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 6 pieces string cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and oregano.
- Spoon 1/2 cup mixture across center of each tortilla; top with a string cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Freeze option: Cool beef mixture before assembly. Individually wrap roll-ups in foil and freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator. Reheat foil-wrapped roll-ups on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. To reheat individually, remove foil and rewrap in paper towel; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Beef Roll-Ups
"I've actually made this one a couple of times. Very fast, easy, yummy recipe."
"Kids loved it too!"
"would probably make again, not real fond of it though..."
"Didn't like that the shells dried out in the oven. Would have liked it more burrito style. I might try it again with shredded mozzie so it doesn't take so long to melt and get a softer shell that way. Of course the kids hated the green pepper (can't hurt to try) so they will have to be omitted."
"easy and tasty!"
"My daughter originally started making these but then she moved into her own place so now I make them when we are hungry for them. So easy, so delicious! We use shredded mozzarella instead of the string cheese and have used both regular pepperoni and turkey. Even added some banana peppers last night. Mmmmm...."
"This was really good. My husband really enjoyed it and deemed it a "keeper". When making again I would add more cheese---maybe shredded mozzarella so that cheese is throughout the whole roll-up."
"These are quick, different and delicious! My family really enjoys them!"