"This simple recipe makes a quick and light appetizer for hungry guests or family," says field editor Cynthia Bent of Newark, Delaware. "Just like pizza, you can add whatever you desire each time you make it."
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- Cut each slice of bread in half; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, pepper and salt. Spoon 1 tablespoonful over each piece of bread; top with cheese and remaining tomato mixture. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mozzarella Basil Bruschetta in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p21
Reviews for Mozzarella Basil Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
"These were absolutely delicious! A nice twist to usual bruschetta! Will use this recipe again!"
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2013
"Great summer appetizer"