- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg, milk and salt. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Spoon over the spaghetti mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
This was easy and had a good taste. For personal preference, I added more sauce as other reviewshave mentioned. I also added some parmesan cheese to the top.
Used 1/4 cp of evaporated milk and 1/4 cp. of water in place of whole milk...creamier texture...very good..also added small can of drained diced tomatoes with green peppers already added...makes this even easier.
I make this all the time for my family and they love it.
Very good recipe. I changed it up based on what I had available. I used a whole pound of sausage and no ground beef, and I used jarred vodka sauce instead of regular sauce. I also omitted the peppers, and used just a little bit of cheese. Looking forward to making it again but with a lot more cheese.
this was awesome