These little cups are so easy to make, but it looks like you spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I find that when I serve them I can't keep up with the demand. They are eaten up so fast and everyone wants more.—Carolyn Borougerdi, Irving, Texas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 slices
- In a small bowl, combine oil and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic and remaining Italian seasoning; set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Brush one side with oil mixture; place oil side down in muffin cups. Spoon cream cheese mixture into each; top with chopped tomato and a cheese slice.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mozzarella Appetizer Tartlets in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 2012
Reviews for Mozzarella Appetizer Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review